Cuddle Rag Quilt Pattern is a fun take on the popular rag quilts using flannel. By replacing the flannel with Cuddle (the sample uses a fun Dr. Seuss print) you get a wonderfully soft quilt to enjoy. Another great project for Cuddle.
Tips for sewing a Cuddle Rag Quilt Pattern:
- Pre-wash all fabric in cool water and dry on a low temperature before cutting.
- Use a walking foot at all times.
- Select Schmetz Stretch needles size 90/14
- Use 505 spray to spray all the layers together.
- Be sure the nap of both the front and back fabrics run the same direction.
- Clipping is easiest done using the 6” Kai Rag Quilt scissors
- Pinning Tip – Pin parallel to the fabric edge. Sew on the left side of the pin.
- Use a 3/4” seam allowance.
- Select a stretch stitch. (It looks like a “lighting bolt” stitch).
- When finished, wash and dry the entire quilt